About Joane Goulding
Joane Goulding is the director of The Goulding Institute and in 2011 was awarded the title: Hypnotherapist Emeritus by the PCHA. She is a Life Member of the AACHP and the ASCH.
Since 1974 Joane has specialized in the biopsychosocial aspect of stress and mind management. Professional qualifications include Clinical Hypnotherapy, Counselling, Psychotherapy, Psycho-nutrition, Training and Assessment Systems.
For many years Joane was a Director of the Australian Academy of Hypnotic Science, a Registered Training Organization (RTO). She was the author of the 2-year government accredited Diploma of Health: Clinical Hypnotherapy and is currently registered on the Australian National Hypnotherapy Register.
Joane is an international lecturer, a published author and creator of the Goulding Process – SleepTalk®. She has been an invited guest speaker in China, UK, USA, Singapore and NZ.
Visit her Online Shop to Check out the amazing array of products including the Michelle Story or purchase Joane’s book: The Goulding Process – SleepTalk®
- Download a brief biography of Joane Goulding
- View an archive of previous events that Joane has been involved in.
- Feedback about Joane Goulding
- HCA – Consultant to the Executive Committee (2011)
- CCH: In Recognition of Outstanding Lifetime Contribution to the Profession of Clinical Hypnotherapy (2011)
- AACHP: In Recognition of Exemplary Service and Contribution to the Profession of Clinical Hypnotherapy in Australia (2011)
- International Hypnosis Federation – USA. Chairman’s Award (2011)
- PCHA: Hypnotherapist Emeritus Award. In recognition of her outstanding contribution to the acceptance of hypnotherapy, the setting of hypnotherapy standards, the developing and teaching of hypnotherapists and continuous guidance to the profession. (2011)
- Honorary Life Membership, Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists (for extensive and valued service to this Society, and to the advancement of Clinical Hypnotherapy in general.) (2008)
- Certificate of Appreciation. (In recognition and appreciation of outstanding service to the profession of Clinical Hypnotherapy in Australia. (2006 & 2008)
- Life Membership, Council of Clinical Hypnotherapists. (2006)
- Fellowship, Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists (for contribution to the science of hypnosis, and for key leadership in lobbying the Victorian Government to make changes to the Victorian Psychological Practices Act.) (1998)
- Certificate of Recognition, National Innovative Training & Development Awards, Australian Institute of Training and Development. (1997)
- Recognition of Exemplary Innovation (for valued contribution to the national Innovation in Training and Development award, setting a benchmark in the area of T & D resource development. Australian Institute of Training and Development (Vic) (1997)
Keynote Speeches and Presentations
Joane Goulding is an experienced and engaging public speaker who has delivered presentations on the Goulding Process – SleepTalk® process at events throughout the world. For example:
- Guest speaker HypnoBirthing Conclave – Mexico (2015)
- Guest speaker International Medical & Dental Hypnosis Association Florida (2015)
- Guest speaker Hypnothoughts Conference – Las Vegas (2014)
- Guest speaker HypnoBirthing Conclave – Las Vegas (2014)
- Guest speaker at the International Hypnosis Federation Conference – USA (2011)
- Guest speaker at the AHA Conference – NSW (2010)
- Launch of the Goulding SleepTalk® process and training of Consultants from England, Ireland and Spain. Academy of Holistic Hypnotherapy, Manchester, United Kingdom. (2008)
- SleepTalk® Consultant Training, Singapore
- Introducing the Goulding SleepTalk® process, presentation for 250 parents, through The Magic Eye Foundation, Hong Kong (2009)
- The Goulding SleepTalk® process, presentation to members of the Federation of Victorian Counsellors (2007)
- SleepTalk®, book launch and presentation to parents and potential Consultants, Singapore (2006)
- Keynote Speaker, The Goulding SleepTalk® process, New Zealand Hypnotherapy Federation 9th Annual Conference (2004)
- Keynote Speaker, The Goulding SleepTalk® process, American Council of Hypnotherapist Examiners, 14th Annual International Hypnotherapy Conference, California, USA (1999)
Publications, Papers, Articles, Courses
- Publications: The International Hypnosis Magazine, Nov 2013
- The Australian Journal of Clinical Hypnotherapy & Hypnosis. Volume 33. Number 2 Spring 2011
- SleepTalk® for Children, article, Insight Magazine (2005)
- Creator and Author, SleepTalk® A Gift of Love Through Positive Parenting, Pennon Publishing, Joane Goulding (2004)
- Author, Government Accredited Diploma in Health – Clinical Hypnosis, 1500 hours of course materials for the Australian Academy of Hypnotic Science (1998)
- Author, Communication and Counselling, Certificate IV course materials, for the Australian Academy of Hypnotic Science (1998)
- Author, Counselling and Conflict Resolution Certificate IV course materials, for the Australian Academy of Hypnotic Science (1998)
- Author, Counselling Skills for Professionals. Certificate 1V course materials, for the Australian Academy of Hypnotic Science. (1998)
- Author, Accreditation Documentation required for achievement of Registered Training Organization status (1994-98)
- Author, Training Manual – SleepTalk®, Government Reg. No. VBH 197 (1996-97)
- Author, Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy developed for the National College of Traditional Medicine (NCTM), a 2 year course, accredited by ASCH, CCH, AHA (Australian Hypnotherapy Association), ATMS and others.
- Published articles in ‘Integrity’, AAHS Newsletter.
- Numerous feature magazine articles and papers on the Goulding SleepTalk ® process for children (1995 – 98)
- Development of Course Curriculum and Author of Training Manual for a New South Wales Distance Education Course, Certificate Level 1V – Communication & Counselling (1994-95).
- SleepTalk® Therapy – The Story of Michelle. Nature & Health – The Wholistic Journal of Wellbeing (1987)
- The use of the Hoffer and Osmond Diagnostic Test (HOD) in Hypnosis. Published: The Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine, Vol. 1, No. 1, (October 1986)
- TAE Certificate 1V in Training and Assessment 2011
- Certification – Stress Management Specialist – Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills, 2008
- Certification – Motivational Coach – Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills, LLC. 2008
- Diploma, Training and Assessment Strategies, Dynamic Training, Melbourne, 2005
- Registered Private Provider of Vocational Education and Training. 2003
- Certificate IV Assessment and Workplace Training, Berry McSherry & Associates Pty. Ltd., 2000
- RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) Assessor Training Program, Kangan Batman College of TAFE, 1999
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition, The International Academy of Nutrition. 1985
- Approved Trainer, Lecturer, Examiner, Supervisor, ASCH, 1985
- Diploma from The Hypnotism Training Institute of Los Angeles, 1984
- Accredited Examiner, American Council of Hypnotic Examiners, 1984
- Accredited Trainer, American Council of Hypnotic Examiners, 1984
- Post Graduate Diploma, Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy, 1982
- Lifeline Telephone Counsellor, 1980 – 1982
- Master Hypnotist, awarded by American Council of Hypnosis and Examiners, 1982.
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy 1980
Current and Past Professional Memberships:
- 2012 Member of the Executive Council. ASCH
- 2011 Professional Clinical Member. AACHP
- 2011 Professional Clinical Member. ASCH
- 2011 Member of the Education Board & HCA: Member of the Ethics Board
- 2009 Member of the National Guide of Hypnotherapists. (NGH)
- 2008 Life Member, Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists. (ASCH)
- 2005 Foundation Life Member, Council of Clinical Hypnotherapists (CCH)
- 2005 Ethics & Education Standards Member of the Executive Council (CCH)
- 1999 Publisher Member, The Copyright Agency Limited.
- 1998 Fellowship, Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists. (ASCH)
- 1998 TAFE Frontier, Member, Tender Assessment Panel
- 1994 Member, Complementary Health Users’ Group,
- 1994 Australian Institute of Trainers & Developers (AITD)
- 1991 Member, Complementary Medicine Association. (CMA)
- 1991 Member, Orthomolecular Medical Association. (OMA)
- 1991 Member, Australian College of Nutritional and Environment Medicine
- 1986 Member, Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS)
- 1985 Member, International Academy of Nutrition (IAN)
- 1983 Member, American Council of Hypnosis & Examiners (ACHE)
- 1982 Member, Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists (ASCH)
Joane complies with the NSW ‘Code of Conduct’ for Health Practitioners.
It is important for visitors to this site to note that it is my legal obligation to report suspected child sexual abuse.
In Victoria, a new offense for failure to disclose child sexual abuse came into effect on 27 October 2014. The offense requires that any adult who holds a reasonable belief that a sexual offense has been committed in Victoria by an adult against a child (aged under 16) disclose that information to police. The offense applies to all adults in Victoria, not just professionals who work with children unless they have a reasonable excuse. To find out more, go to www.dhs.vic.gov.au
Visit her Online Shop to Check out the amazing array of products from Joanne including the Michelle Story or purchase Joane’s book and audio: The Goulding Process- SleepTalk®
Please note, only authentic Goulding SleepTalk® trainers, consultants & professional interns are listed on the Goulding Institutes International Register & have undertaken stringent training & currency protocols.